Shipboard wine collections are curated to excite the senses with both classic and new tastes
Cruise vacations are an increasingly popular way to relax, unwind and recharge. And while at sea, there’s an opportunity for guests to embrace some of the life’s most enjoyable pleasures – with wine-tasting and learning about wines an area of interest for many.
Whether guests are curious beginners or connoisseurs, shipboard wine collections are carefully curated to excite the senses with both classic and new tastes.
Below are five tips from shipboard sommeliers that are important to keep in mind when you wine and dine onboard:
1. Let your wine steward know what you plan to order for your meal. He or she might suggest you order a powerful, fruity wine with your rack of lamb, for instance.
2. Try the wine with dessert. Sweet wine, such as a Moscato, pairs well with the bitterness of the chocolate.
3. Consider ordering wine based on the countries you are visiting. You might go for a Spanish wine in the Mediterranean or a Chilean wine in South America.
4. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Shipboard sommeliers and wine experts are there to help take your wine experience to the next level.
5. Ask about the history and origin of the wines you order. There are stories behind the creations.