Expedia provides five ways to save on your next cruise vacation!
For travellers looking to get a great price on their next sea voyage, Expedia has a few money-saving tips to keep in mind:
1. Book your cruise through a travel agent – Travel agents can negotiate contracted rates directly with cruise lines so they can save travellers on average $452 per trip.
2. When planning a cruise vacation, book early. Often, cruise lines will offer early booking incentives in the form of low fares, value add-ons and upgrades if you book months in advance, typically six – 18 months out.
3. If you have a few friends or family members who want to go on a cruise, take advantage of group booking discounts. In general, if you book as a large group with most cruise lines, one person will often cruise for free. Fun fact: Expedia CruiseShipCenters has a Group Program that allows travellers to take advantage of the group booking price without needing to be part of a group. This is something that isn’t offered if you were to book directly with the cruise line.
4. Consider taking a cruise during the off-season or shoulder season when people are no longer taking vacation to net big savings. There can also be a tremendous price difference between one week and the next, so consider alternative weeks to reduce the price of your cruise fare. It pays to be flexible!
5. Arrange your own shore excursions instead of booking them through the cruise line. Cruise lines offer shore excursions for their guests but paying for the convenience is pricey. Book your shore activities on Expedia to save money.