Supplier: Holland America Line
Holland America Line is gearing up for a busy winter season in the Caribbean, with more than 100 cruises set to sail between October 2018 and April 2019.
Ranging from three to 21 days, itineraries will take place aboard eight of the line’s premium mid-sized ships, including the newest addition to the fleet, Nieuw Statendam. Voyages explore the eastern, western and southern regions of the Caribbean, including Cuba and the Panama Canal. Seven ships will sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, while Rotterdam will take over the roundtrip Tampa, Florida departures.
Here are some takeaways:
• In October 2018, Veendam kicks of the Caribbean season with a series of Cuban Explorer cruises lasting seven, 10, 11 or 12 days and sailing through March 2019. The ship will call at Havana, Cienfuegos, Grand Cayman, as well as stops in Jamaica and Mexico.
• Nieuw Statendam will kick off its maiden Caribbean season with a four-day cruise to the Bahamas in December. Following its inaugural Caribbean sailing, it will feature seven-day itineraries that offer both eastern and western routes, plus a 10-day voyage in January featuring lesser-visited ports in the southern Caribbean, including Kralendijk, Bonaire; Amber Cove, D.R.; and Barbados.
• Nieuw Amsterdam will explore the eastern an western regions of the Caribbean on a series of seven-day cruises to St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Cozumel, Georgetown, Ocho Rios and more. Similarly, Oosterdam will offer a seven-day cruises on eastern and western routes.
• Holland America will offer a partial Panama Canal transit aboard Zuiderdam, sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale on 10- and 11-day cruises.
• From October 2018 through April 2019, Rotterdam will sail roundtrip from Tampa on eight 7-day western itineraries, and five 14-day southern itineraries. Ports and islands visited include: Key West; Curacao; Mahogany Bay; Honduras; Costa Maya (Mexico); Aruba, and St. Lucia.
• Many of the cruises can be extended into Collectors’ Voyages, which offer clients more affordable fares than if they were to book the cruises individually. Ranging from 14-21 days, these longer journeys combine back-to-back itineraries.
• The cruise line will offer a total of 14 holiday sailings this season on itineraries that range from seven to 14 days. Several non-repeating itineraries can be combined to form a longer Holiday Collectors’ Voyage that can be extended up to 21 days.
Cruise fares for Caribbean cruises start at US$499. All rates are per person, double occupancy. For more information go to hollandamerica.com.