Supplier: MSC Cruises
MSC cruises has rolled out its accessible shore excursions program to an additional five ports this winter and three next summer, for a total of 20 destinations across the Caribbean and Mediterranean.
With the goal of ensuring the largest variety of shore excursions possible to suit all needs, MSC’s Accessible Tours Program extends the availability of tailored excursions for those with varied mobility.
“We have always been sensitive to the needs of our guests, and constantly strive to offer the best possible service, meeting international accessibility standards,” said Jean-Pierre Joubert, MSC Cruises’ Head of Shore Excursions. “This program is unique because for the first time we offer accessible tours available in both popular cruise regions of the Caribbean and the Mediterranean. By joining these tours, all guests will have the carefree opportunity of enjoying the best of every excursion.”
These industry-leading tours and excursions have been created with careful consideration for safety and accessibility, allowing all guests to explore each destination in total comfort. They guarantee the following:
• Tour routes are completely step-free
• Accessible to wheelchairs wherever possible
• Only short distances are covered
• Timings are run at a slower pace
• Accessible restrooms with wide doors are planned along the route
Moreover, family members and friends can join these inclusive small-group tours, which are led by professional tour guides.
Accessible Tours will be available for guests cruising on the following ships:
• Caribbean: MSC Seaside, MSC Armonia, MSC Meraviglia, MSC Divina, and MSC Preziosa calling in Cozumel, George Town, Montego Bay, Nassau, Ocho Rios, San Juan, Philipsburg, Charlotte Amalie (St. Thomas), King’s Wharf (Bermuda), Roseau (Dominica) and Basseterre (Saint Kitts & Nevis)
• Mediterranean (winter 2019): MSC Grandiosa and MSC Opera calling Genoa, Civitavecchia/Rome, Valetta, Barcelona, Marseille/Provence, and Messina
• Summer 2020: Naples, Palma de Mallorca and Valencia will have these tours available for guests cruising on MSC Grandiosa, MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC LIrica and MSC Seaview
Tours will be confirmed onboard based on whether the participation minimum is met. If it’s not, guests have the option to book the tour as a private experience at an additional cost. Guests can book now to ensure a spot as limited seats are available.
For more information click here.