SUPPLIER: Port Canaveral
LOCATION: United States
Port Canaveral is inviting amateur photographers to take their best shot – or shots – and enter their favorite pictures in the 65th Anniversary Port Canaveral photo contest.
Interested participants have until September 30, 2018, to submit up to three original digital photographs taken in or around Port Canaveral that illustrates an aspect of the Port – scenery, cruise or cargo ships, pleasure boats, nature, Port operations, wildlife, and space launches as seen from Port Canaveral.
A volunteer panel of five judges will review all photos submitted and select the top three for each of five categories. The winning selections will be announced on November 3, and displayed at an exhibition on November 4, the 65th anniversary of the Port’s dedication in 1953. The winning selections will then be on display at various locations around the Port during the coming year.
Photo categories are Cruise, Cargo, Fishing/Boating/Recreation, Environmental, and Space. Judges will review all entries submitted and select first, second, and honorable mention winners in each category. Photographs will be judged on impact, creativity, composition, and storytelling.
• The contest is open to amateur photographers of all ages
• Contestants may submit up to three (3) images for judging
• Each submission must have been created by the entrant
• Each entry should be a publication-quality digital image and submitted online with a completed and signed entry form for each photo entered
• For all persons recognizable in the photograph, a signed model release must be included, if applicable
• Incomplete entry forms will not be accepted and the photo entry will not be considered for judging
• Entrants must grant permission for unrestricted use of the image to the Canaveral Port Authority or its designee to utilize the image in future publications and exhibits, and online
Contest rules and the entry form are available at portcanaveral.com